[rabbitmq-discuss] binding exchanges in java

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Thu May 22 14:32:45 BST 2008

Lars

Hi.

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Lars Bachmann
<lars.bachmann at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> in rabbitmq routing information is seperated from data. One can set up
> an individually configuration by binding exchanges and queues
> together. With the Java API it is possible to declare queues and
> exchanges and connect them. The theory tells that it is also possible
> to bind an exchange to an exchange. But I couldn't find a way to do
> this in Java. So my question is: how to bind 2 exchanges together ?
> and is it also possible to do this also with the java client.

This kind of feature will be defined in a future version of AMQP with
federation and other multi-hop addressing concepts.  These are useful
for B2B type cases.  Currently RabbitMQ is focussing on more
mainstream functionality.

Perhaps you could describe what use case you wish to implement.  If it
can be done with existing functionality, we can describe a solution.

alexis