[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ as a Windows Service

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 11:37:26 BST 2008

Paul,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Paul Jones <pauljones23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm considering ignoring
> my selector style requirement and porting to RabbitMQ today.

As I said, the selector stuff is still on the cards, I've already
started work on it, but it's not going to happen in the short term
unfortunately due to

a) issues surrounding compatibility with the spec and other implementations;
b) the effect adding this functionality will have on general scalability.

However, if there was some contribution, it may go quicker ;-)

> I've trying to get Rabbit to run as a service use erlsrv, but haven't been
> having much luck. I can get erlsrv to install it, and Rabbit starts, but I
> think its hanging. The log looks like:
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 27-Jun-2008::09:12:22 ===
>     application: mnesia
>     exited: stopped
>     type: temporary
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 27-Jun-2008::09:12:23 ===
> Added vhost <<"/">>
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 27-Jun-2008::09:12:23 ===
> Created user <<"guest">>
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 27-Jun-2008::09:12:23 ===
> Rolling persister log to
> "d:/Installers/rabbitmq_server-1.3.0/db/rabbit-mnesia/rabbit_persister.LOG.previous"
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 27-Jun-2008::09:12:23 ===
> started TCP listener on 0.0.0.0:5672
>
> You wouldn't happen to know of anyone that can help? Erlsrv apparently isn't
> a topic very hotly discussed around the 'net...

Can you run rabbit straight out of the shell?

$ erl -mnesia dir SOME_DIR -boot start_sasl -s rabbit

> I'm fairly sure that the mnesia database stopping isn't a good thing, but I
> have not the faintest idea why it stops...

Probably not. I would start by deleting the directory that contains
the mnesia files, start again and see if you can reproduce this.

BTW, I'm cc'ing the list, somebody else may have tried this as well.

HTH,

Ben