[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq dying

David.Corcoran at edftrading.com David.Corcoran at edftrading.com
Thu Jun 19 11:23:22 BST 2008

RabbitMQ eventually crashed.

The following line is the last log entry (from startup.err):
eheap_alloc: Cannot allocate 1271244 bytes of memory (of type "heap").

/usr/sbin/rabbitmq-server: line 74: 32733 Aborted                 erl -pa
$(dirname $0)/../ebin ${START_RABBIT} -sname ${NODENAME} -boot start_sasl
+W w ${ERL_ARGS} -rabbit tcp_listeners '[{"'${NODE_IP_ADDRESS}'",
'${NODE_PORT}'}]' -sasl errlog_type error -kernel error_logger
'{file,"'${LOGS}'"}' -sasl sasl_error_logger '{file,"'${SASL_LOGS}'"}'
-os_mon start_cpu_sup true -os_mon start_disksup false -os_mon start_memsup
false -os_mon start_os_sup false -mnesia dir "\"${MNESIA_DIR}\""
${CLUSTER_CONFIG} ${RABBIT_ARGS} "$@"

So I guess it finally ran out of memory.

rabbitmq-discuss-bounces at lists.rabbitmq.com wrote on 19/06/2008 11:06:43:

> "Ben Hood" <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote on 19/06/2008 10:58:02:
>
> > David,
> >

> > Can I assume now that you can use the lightweight client to perform
> > the queue creation/delete?
>
> Yes. And actually everyone was able to reconnect after waiting a minute
or
> two.
>
> However the error is happening again though. The exception is
> ShutdownSignalException.  And now my lightweight client can't connect
> again. It may start working again in a few minutes like last time.
>

> > Can I also ask some questions about how the Java client is running:
> >
> > - What is the network connection to the broker like?
> Gigabit LAN.
>
> > - Have you tried setting a higher heartbeat in the client (the default
> > is 3 seconds)?
> No, but I can't connect at all at the moment.
>
> > - What OS are the clients running (this is a long shot because it
> > shouldn't matter, but we do know of a *bug* in the .NET Socket API in
> > this regard)?
> Ubuntu 64 and Rhel5 running on java OpenJDK 6.
>
> > Depends what *normal* is :-)
> :)

> This communication contains confidential information, some or all of
> which may be privileged. It is for the intended recipient only and
> others must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this
> communication. If an addressing or transmission error has
> misdirected this communication, please notify the sender by replying
> to this e-mail and then delete the e-mail. E-mail sent to EDF
> Trading may be monitored by the company. Thank you.
> EDF Trading Limited
> 80 Victoria Street, 3rd Floor, Cardinal Place, London, SW1E 5JL
> A Company registered in England No. 4255974.
> Switchboard: 020 7061 4000
> EDF Trading Markets Limited is a member of the EDF Trading Limited
> Group and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.