[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem running rabbit broker

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Sun Jun 1 22:32:54 BST 2008

Hi,

> {"init terminating in do_boot",{undef,[{mnesia
> ,system_info,[directory]},{*rabbit_mnesia,ensure_mnesia_dir,0*},{rabbit,start,0},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

This often indicates that mnesia isn't installed. (It's complaining that
it can't find the function mnesia:system_info/1.)

Some operating systems have mnesia in an optional erlang package that's
not installed as part of the base erlang system - for instance, Ubuntu
is rumoured to need you to "apt-get install erlang", rather than simple
erlang-base, in order to get things to work. (This isn't something I've
experienced personally, so I could have the details wrong!)

(I'm not sure if this is a bug in our Debian package dependencies or
not. Any reports from the field?)

Regards,
   Tony