[rabbitmq-discuss] Broker leak with MulticastMain?

Holger Hoffstätte holger at wizards.de
Wed Jul 16 12:42:05 BST 2008

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> The broker grows because it is queuing messages. And that in turn
> happens because the producer sends messages as fast as it can, and the
> broker cannot deliver them to consumers at the same rate.
>
> MulticastMain allows you to limit the sender rate with "-r". So just use
> that option to control the rate.

Ah yes - now that explains it. I had misunderstood the test and assumed
that it always received the same number of messages that the producer(s)
sent, but  fully reading through the code I now see that it calculates
only based on the fixed time interval, and that of course can lead to
queue-up if the rates are not symmetric. Using the -r flag works fine and
keeps the broker steady.

Thanks!
Holger