[rabbitmq-discuss] Internal services (was Re: Queue info)

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 11:55:33 BST 2008

Michael,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at lshift.net> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Arnoldus wrote:
>> Speaking of which - if it should happen that I one late night are
>> finding myself sorely missing working in erlang to the degree that I'd
>> like to experiment with this - do you have any docs or just pointers to
>> how to receive and send AMQP from inside erlang? I guess using the
>> erlang AMQP client to let the server talk to itself isn't exactly the
>> right approach ...

Can you elaborate on why using the Erlang client to let the *server
speak to itself* may the wrong approach?

As Tony has pointed out in the previous post, you can use the internal
rabbit API to send and receive messages, but this means that you tie
yourself in the internals of Rabbit, which *may* change over time.

HTH,

Ben