[rabbitmq-discuss] encoding content body frames

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 11:48:20 BST 2008

Aman,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortuneately, I would say that the ambiguity of the spec is slightly
> to blame here. It does actually say in a footnote that this ending
> octet is redundant, hence why it is not used in the frame parser in
> Rabbit.

To clarify this statement, the end marker is not used in the content
collection within the rabbit_framing_chanel module. It will parsed in
the rabbit_reader module however, check out the handle_input/3
function. So whilst this is not theoretically necessary, this is
actually read in order to be compiant with the spec.

Ben