[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem with direct client tests

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 16:24:01 BST 2008

Mietek,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Mietek Bąk
<mietek at erlang-consulting.com> wrote:
> I'm unable to get the Erlang client for RabbitMQ to run the direct
> client tests.
>
> It appears that the direct_client_test:test_wrapper/1 function
> attempts to call an nonexistent function, as evidenced by the
> following error message:
>
> {error, "*** eval: {'EXIT',
>                     {undef,
>                      [{rabbit_multi,get_pid,
> [rabbit_test_direct at erebos,0]},
>                       {direct_client_test,test_wrapper,1},
>                       {erl_eval,do_apply,5},
>                       {lib,eval_str,1},
>                       {rpc,'-handle_call/3-fun-0-',5}]}}
>
> Is this a known problem?

I think that the the test_wrapper/1 function is old code and has not
been used for a while, especially seeing as the rabbit_multi module
does not export a get_pid function. I'll look into why this is still
there.

In the meantime, the proper way to run the tests is to use the eunit
methods, i.e. direct_client_test:test() will run all of the unit
tests.

HTH,

Ben