[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq out of memory

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 20:02:05 BST 2008

Hi Dave,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:22 PM,  <David.Corcoran at edftrading.com> wrote:
> Not really. I only know stat_all and length(stat_all). Can you suggest some
> others?

Short of running Tony's suggestion there are no other exposed
diagnostic functions that would give you what you want.

And the reason why you cannot run this is because Rabbit has been
killed, so even if there were some cooler stats you could query for,
you wouldn't be able to anyway :-(

On the one hand, this brings us on to the topic of what kind of
management information users would like to be able to see and how it
should be delivered, but that is a topic for itself.

To solve you problem I can suggest 3-4 practical ways forward:

1. Try to reproduce the error and tell me what the exact error message
actually is. I think this will tell us a lot;
2. Avoid creating too many throw-away queues;
3. I think that the current work I am doing in development would solve
a lot of the issues you are having, which is nearing a QA milestone
and you might do well to test with this in a beta form. Having said
this, I am currently Stateside on other business so I have to
de-prioritize unpaid work :-( , but I'll do it as soon as possible;
4. Engage with us to have a closer look at what problems you are
trying to solve.

HTH,

Ben