[rabbitmq-discuss] IOException when connecting, using Glassfish

everett everett at mailinator.com
Sat Jul 5 17:19:07 BST 2008

Hi,

I am using the 1.3.0 release of RabbitMQ (on Debian Sid) along with the Java
client. When the newConnection method on the ConnectionFactory instance is
called within my web  application (deployed in Glassfish V2 UR2; running on
the same machine as RabbitMQ), it throws an IOException and I get the
following message in the rabbit.log file:

=INFO REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::16:40:02 ===
accepted TCP connection on 0.0.0.0:5672 from 192.168.42.104:44453

=ERROR REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::16:40:04 ===
error on TCP connection from 192.168.42.104:44453
connection_closed_abruptly

=INFO REPORT==== 4-Jul-2008::16:40:04 ===
closing TCP connection from 192.168.42.104:44453

I've been through the mailing list several times and I was also unable to
find any answers through Google. I appreciate any assistance.

--
Everett