[rabbitmq-discuss] Process N messages / VM concurrently

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:33:28 BST 2008

Joern,

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Joern <opendev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I was aware of that. But hence Executor implementations use
> concurrent queues (and QueueingConsumer does also) I was thinking
> about using a single channel and some Executor instance.

That *may* not be such a good idea because the interaction within a
channel is conversational. You may run into trouble when executing
synchronous calls within the channel (queue declaration and binding
for example).

> As far as I understand there is no real benefit in using N channels for N workers
> - the channel model seems to be there to multiplex N AMQP connections
> into one logical i.e. TCP/IP connection.

Channels are multiplexed into a single AMQP connection which is
invariably but not necessarily tied to a single TCP connection.
Channels were actually designed to do this kind of thing :-)

HTH,

Ben