[rabbitmq-discuss] Scalable multithreaded consumer

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Jan 31 15:11:30 GMT 2008

Hi Karel,

Karel Alfonso wrote:
> In my solution each message means "poll the pop3 account of user XYZ for new
> mails", that's right. So this is a solution where I need thousands of
> clients/consumers to poll a POP3 account for a specific user.

RabbitMQ's Java library and Erlang broker should have no trouble with
that kind of solution - unless there was some showstopper you've found
that I haven't thought of?

Can you tell us more about the surrounding environment - for instance,
is Spring an important part of your total application?

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net