[rabbitmq-discuss] synchronized messages: through the queue and multiple consumers

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Jan 30 13:36:27 GMT 2008

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. How are you getting on with
AMQP?

joe lee wrote:
> Qpid python or RabbitMQ java client compatible with OpenAMQ?  I must
> say, I am impressed with the documentation.  Very nice.  I am
> downloading as of now and will give it a try.

OpenAMQ speaks AMQP 0-9, where the RabbitMQ broker alas currently only
speaks AMQP 0-8, as does our Java client. The QPid python client
probably can be made to speak to OpenAMQ as well as RabbitMQ.

Our new .NET client, however, is runtime-switchable between 0-8 and 0-9
protocol variants, and we've used it successfully to talk to OpenAMQ
1.2c4 as well as RabbitMQ 1.2.x. Of course, using .NET may not be an
option for you.

(Aside: Mono's implementation is really pretty good. I found myself able
to "write once, run anywhere" AMQP programs using Mono or MS's CLR. The
code ran unmodified on Mac OS X 10.3.9, OS X 10.5, Debian Linux, and
Windows Server 2003...)

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net