[rabbitmq-discuss] Scalable multithreaded consumer

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sun Jan 20 20:00:19 GMT 2008

Karel,

Karel Alfonso wrote:

>  I’m planning to use RabbitMQ in a system that will process events in
> the order of the thousands. I haven’t found in RabbitMQ a mechanism to
> process concurrently the messages received. Is there any suggestion or
> guideline I could follow?

It is certainly possible to perform high-volume concurrent event
processing with RabbitMQ, but coming up with the best setup requires a
better understanding of your specific requirements.

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish? How many event
producers are there? How many event consumers are there? What routing do
you need between them? What delivery guarantees do you require? What
ordering guarantees do you require? What AMQP client libraries are you
using (e.g. RabbitMQ's Java client, the Erlang client etc)?

Regards,

Matthias.