[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP tracer tool on Mac OS X

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Feb 28 07:25:46 GMT 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Arnoldus wrote:
> Just a small note. On Mac OS X 10.5 (don't about lower versions) /bin/sh
> does not understand -n in the echo command. This means the runjava-sh
> script fails. It is fixed by making it use /bin/bash as the shell.

Thanks for the report. I've been working around this myself by "bash
runjava.sh ..." for a while now; your message has spurred me to actually
do something about it! I've committed a fix that avoids 'echo -n', while
staying with /bin/sh. You should see it in the next release; in the
meantime, for those interested, I've attached the revised script.

Regards,
   Tony