[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange error report - any ideas anyone?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 13:05:13 GMT 2008

Michael,

On 22 Feb 2008, at 09:43, Michael Arnoldus wrote:
> =INFO REPORT==== 21-Feb-2008::15:20:09 === Syntax error collecting
> method content: {amqp,frame_error,none}
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 21-Feb-2008::15:20:09 === Sending exception:
> Channel 4, Reason {amqp,syntax_error,'basic.publish'}
>
> Has anybody seen this before? Any ideas what the 'real' problem is?

I have seen this in a similar context when I've deleted the mnesia
database and have tried to publish to an exchange without declaring it
first, but the error atom you get is {amqp, not_found,
'basic_publish'}. I wouldn't have seen this if I wasn't continuously
starting and stopping the broker and playing around with the OTP
application state, so I don't know if this is of any relevance to your
problem.

If you are able to reproduce this problem, it may help if you can
describe the steps it takes to provoke the error so that we can
reproduce it ourselves to try to diagnose it.

HTH,

Ben