[rabbitmq-discuss] Tutorial of RabbitMQ Client

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Feb 5 00:23:31 GMT 2008

Hi again,

Willem van Heemstra wrote:
> Those links are very helpful.

I'm glad. Please do point out anything in the docs that could be better.

> I could do with a client in Java that I would know how to configure for
> our simple demo (one client one server/broker).
> Do I have to code this client from scratch? Are the parameters
> hard-coded or read from a config file?
> It is these questions that a seek answers for.

I hope my other post in this thread points you toward skeletons you can
flesh out to your requirements - and with regard to the config-file
question,

  1. for the Java client library, we have not implemented any particular
     config-reading mechanism yet - so the answer is that the parameters
     are provided however your application chooses to provide them! :-)

  2. for the .NET client, we have provided the low-level, supply-your-
     own-parameters approach, as well as supporting reading some of the
     configuration from App.config, or from environment variables. You
     may also find the WCF approach of value, if you're using WCF.

Regards,
   Tony