[rabbitmq-discuss] [erlang-questions] cheap low-power boards

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 11:44:34 GMT 2008

Martin,

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Martin Scholl <ms at diskware.net> wrote:
> I have just compiled RabbitMQ on the ATOM board and successfully started it:
>        MNESIA_DIR=mnesia/ LOG_BASE=logs/ ./rabbitmq-server.cp
>
> rabbitmq-server.cp is rabbitmq-server without the -noinput flag given to
> erl.
>

> I cannot proceed starting the performance testing client:
>
>        ./runperftest.sh 192.168.1.129

Sorry, I don't know how that script works (although it is in the java
client package).

OTOH I do know how the underlying MulticastMain works and I'm
wondering what difference it makes if you run it without the arguments
that the runperfest.sh script sets.

For example, you could run

./runjava.sh com.rabbitmq.examples.MulticastMain -h 192.168.1.129

To get a list of options of what you can set, pass in --help as an argument.

> . The clients throws an IOException:
>
> === running with '  '

I don't know what " running with '  ' " means, but I don't think this
affects anything in the underlying MulticastMain class.

> starting consumer #0
> Main thread caught exception: java.io.IOException
> java.io.IOException
>        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQChannel.wrap(AMQChannel.java:121)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.open(AMQConnection.java:370)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:204)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:174)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:165)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:213)
>        at com.rabbitmq.examples.MulticastMain.main(MulticastMain.java:100)
> Caused by: com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException (connection
> error; reason: java.io.EOFException)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.shutdown(AMQConnection.java:606)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:468)
> Caused by: java.io.EOFException
>        at
> java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(DataInputStream.java:273)
>        at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.Frame.readFrom(Frame.java:117)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.impl.SocketFrameHandler.readFrame(SocketFrameHandler.java:151)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.readFrame(AMQConnection.java:295)
>        at
> com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:438)
>

> Can you give me some hints on how to proceed?

HTH,

Ben