[rabbitmq-discuss] [A] compiling java client lib fails on OSX

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 23:47:49 GMT 2008

Chuck,

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Chuck Remes <cremes.devlist at mac.com> wrote:
> This is because in the source directory there is a file called BUILD
> with the build instructions inside. By default the OSX filesystem is
> case insensitive, so the BUILD file blocks the creation of the
> lowercase build directory.
>
> I recommend the BUILD file be renamed to README or somesuch.

Thanks for spotting this.

I guess this has slipped through until now because when you are
working of the pristine tree, the artifact is called BUILD.in, hence
there is no collision. Only when the download package is generated
does the BUILD.in get processed with the installation instructions to
become BUILD.

I'll file a bug to change this.

Ben