[rabbitmq-discuss] Introducing Rabbitbal

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:18:40 GMT 2008

Dmitriy,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Dmitriy Samovskiy
<dmitriy.samovskiy at cohesiveft.com> wrote:
> In case anybody is interested in a rabbitmq-based reverse proxy for rails, I put one
> together at http://github.com/somic/rabbitbal. The README file explains possible benefits
> of using AMQP instead of raw HTTP in proxy scenarios as I see them. This is proof of
> concept, not thoroughly tested under load.

Interesting. Just out of interest's sake, what effect does the latency
of delivery have in comparison to using a plain jane reverse proxy?

Also, would this not be a use case for the qos command -  do you have
a real scenario where the processing time differs across requests or
just across each backend?

Ben