[rabbitmq-discuss] New installation failing on start

Steve Weaver weaveinator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:44:18 GMT 2008

Hi -
I just created a new installation of RabbitMQ v1.4 on RHE and all seemed to
go well with Erlang install.  Placed RabbitMQ in default dir
(/usr/lib/erlang/lib) and when I go to start it I get:

{"init terminating in
do_boot",{undef,[{rabbit,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

Looks like the /var/logs/rabbitmq and /var/lib/rabbitmq dirs were not
created.  I originally tried to start it as a user but then restarted RH
server and tried to start it as root and still got the exact same error as
above (doh).  Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Steve