[rabbitmq-discuss] Polling message from RabbitMQ by servicemix.

aznmedia digz6666 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:08:23 GMT 2008

Ben Hood wrote:

> Aznmedia,
>
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:13 AM, aznmedia <digz6666 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What should I write following:
>> 1. xmlns:foo="http://mycompany.com/foo"
>> 2. MyMQService
>> 3. TARGET_SERVICE_NAME_GOES_HERE
>> 4. TARGET_ENDPOINT_GOES_HERE
>> Maybe some of them are not required or not exists for rabbitMQ.
>
> What I would do is to start with the plain jane Java API and gradually
> work backwards to your bean definitions. There is class in the API
> called ConnectionParameters which may contain all of things that you
> need.
>
>> 1. Is there any channel name in rabbitMQ?
>
> Channels are numbered, this can be set by the client or the server.
>
>> 2. Is there any queue manager in rabbitMQ?
>
> Not in the MQ series sense. Or did you mean something else?
>
>> 3. What is a realm in rabbitMQ? (r_ticket =
>> r_channel.accessRequest(r_realm))
>> 4. What is a ticket in rabbitMQ? (r_channel.queueDeclare(r_ticket,
>> r_queueName))
>
> Tickets and realms are deprecated and have been nuked from the current
> version- please see last message I posted.
>
>> 5. What is a exchange in rabbitMQ? (r_channel.basicPublish(r_ticket,
>> r_exchange, r_queueName, r_basicProperties, r_msg.getBytes()))
>
> Exchanges are fundamental to AMQP, you should understand this concept
> before doing anything.
>
> There are plenty of FAQs on exchanges on
> http://lettuce.squarespace.com/ or just read this article for some
> background:
>
> http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/10/7/consumer-driven-messaging.html
>
> Ben

You said that tickets and realms are deprecated and have been nuked from the
current
version- please see last message you posted. So what version should I use?
And how should I work with rabbitMQ message queue instead using realms and
tickets?

I'm thinking of providing following to the connectionFactory in bean
definition.
virtual host
username
password