[rabbitmq-discuss] py-amqplib being reworked

Michael Arnoldus chime at mu.dk
Mon Dec 1 22:45:07 GMT 2008

Hi Barry,

This is interesting work. We are currently using the Qpid M1 python
client and aren't entirely satisfied, especially with error handling.
As we're about to decide on a new client library py-amqplib has been
considered. Until now it hasn't really been an option due to the lack
of support for timeout, basic.reject etc. However with this latest
message I want to consider it again.

The other candidate we have considered is naturally the Qpid M2.1 or
M3 pythin lib. Do you have any idea about the difference? If not then
maybe you can tell me what let you to write py-amqplib instead of
using the Qpid client? I remember in the beginning something about
specifically going for a unthreaded library, but it seems you have
given that up (which incidentally makes very much sense in my book
considering the AMQP protocol).

Regards,

Michael Arnoldus