[rabbitmq-discuss] help to begin with amqp

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:40:48 GMT 2008

Daniel,

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM, daniel jeem <daniel.jeem at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to use amqp with python,
> I have install it well.
> Please, there is examples from begining?

IIRC Dmitriy has a Python AMQP category on his blog:
http://somic.org/category/rabbitmq/

> Please I want to know the difference between qpid, amqplib, amqp?

To run QPid's Python library with Rabbit, you need to supply the path
to the 0-8 version of the AMQP XML specification using the -s flag.

Barry's python client (http://barryp.org/software/py-amqplib/) does
not require you to supply this because the codec has been generated at
build time.

Hence a lot people *seem* to prefer this variant because it may be
easier to use.

However, there are heaps of Python people on this list, maybe they add
their experience to this question.

HTH,

Ben