[rabbitmq-discuss] Need help with Rabbit STOMP client

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:22:39 BST 2008

Pete,

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Pete Kay <petedao at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried both Java client -> Flex client and Flex client -> Flex client,
> but both don't work.

I'm assuming that you're using Derek's example, which is known to work :-)

> With Flex-> Flex, I am using the ImageSender.mxml and Image Receiver.mxml.
> When running the example, I am getting:
>
> Error: Error #2002: Operation attempted on invalid socket.
>  at flash.net::Socket/writeBytes()
> The configure I am using is :
>
>   private function init () : void
>   {
>    var ch: ConnectHeaders = new ConnectHeaders();
>    ch.login = "rabbitmq";
>    ch.passcode = "rabbitmq"
>    stomp.connect("192.168.1.104", 5672, ch);
>   }

IIRC the STOMP adapter listens on 61613, whereas the AMQP adapter
listens on 5672.

> It looks like I may have some fundamental errors in my STOMP client.  I can
> send and receive messages between two Java client using the routing key with
> no problem.

Do you mean to say that you've sucessfully tested the Java AMQP client
or the Java STOMP client?

> With the STOMP client, how can I speciy the ticket, routingKey and
> exchange?  The onlything available to identiy the queue is destination -
> stomp.subscribe( destination );

The STOMP protocol is slightly different to AMQP. Routing keys and
exchanges are concepts from the AMQP model, which are in part mappable
to STOMP.

However I think it would be a good idea to specify clearly what
problem you are trying to solve.

For example, do you want to integrate a Java STOMP client with an AS3
STOMP client or a Java AMQP client with an AS3 AMQP client or a
mixture of both?

Ben