[rabbitmq-discuss] Using RabbitMQ as Messaging Exchange

Pete Kay petedao at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 15:35:30 BST 2008

Hi Ben and Alexis,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply.

What I am planning to do is to have C clients publishing some events ( as
text message ) to RabbitMQ and on the other side, I would have Jave clients
that need to listen on the messages.

The tricky part is that I need something in between Java clients and
RabbitMQ to do the brokering based on an ID.  For example, the C clients
will associate each event with an ID.  Each Java client may listen to events
of one or more IDs.  I am not sure if I can program that brokering rule
within RabbitMQ or I need a singleton client to listen on all messages
coming out of RabbitMQ and then do the brokering to the end-clients.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot for all your help.

Best Regards,
Pete