[rabbitmq-discuss] anyone using Twisted?

Kyle ksalasko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 00:22:38 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might then be interested in Barry Pedersen's library that doesn't
> thread:
> http://barryp.org/software/py-amqplib/

I've been trying to find a good solution to using amqp within a Twisted
framework for a while now. Barry's library was the first thing we tried, but
unfortunately found that it caused errors within the Twisted reactor that
were very hard to track down, and using wait() in a loop doesn't work well
when the rest of the code is asynchronous. Eventually we settled on using
RabbitMQ's Java bindings through JPype <http://jpype.sourceforge.net/>,
which has its own problems, not the least of which is bringing a JVM into
the process, which I'd love to get rid of.

> We've resolved these and other issues. In the end, it will help me
> open source the code to know the level of your interest in it. I'll
> announce any news on this list.

A solid Twisted AMQP library would be great, we've been thinking about
working on one for a while now, but it got lost in the background after we
ran with the Java client with no issues. Definitely a lot of interest here.

Thanks,
Kyle