[rabbitmq-discuss] Secure file transfer

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:53:18 BST 2008

Dimitar,

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Dimitar Bakardzhiev <dimitar.bakardzhi
> Yes, we will implement chunking but there will be no transactions. The use
> case is as such :
> 1)The Producer sends a file to The Server.
> 2) The server stores the file somewhere...
> 3) The Consumer checks if there any new files for him and if there are gets
> it.
>
> So I need a way to :
> 1) restart both the sending and the receiving
> 2) store the files somewhere on the server.

You can use the persistent option when sending messages to the broker,
so those files will be stored on the server until the consumer
dequeues them.

As for restarting the Java client in an automated fashion, as I said
beforehand, the closing of a connection is a client lifecycle event
that application code can register itself to receive notifications.
This done using the ShutdownListener callback definition. Having said
that, I'm not 100% sure what is the cleanest way to automate restarts,
because I think that there would be a number of things that you would
want to consider before just blindly restarting a dead connection.
This is because the shutdown handler executes in the context of the
connection that has been closed, so whether it is appropriate to start
a new connection "on the back" of a dead connection is a question that
Hubert (who maintains the Java client) may be able to answer.

HTH,

Ben