[rabbitmq-discuss] http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=49013

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Fri Apr 11 18:53:05 BST 2008

Blimey!

Thanks Neil.  I met these guys at MuleCon.  Admittedly it was late and
a little dark...  Nevertheless they took the view that JMS was somehow
more generally useful than a protocol and anyone defending protocols
was "taking a very narrow view".  Charitably, this could mean "I need
a model and an API in order to program" - but then the community has
integrated RabbitMQ with Mule and other platforms!  Uncharitably, one
might point out that HTTP, TCP, XMPP, FTP, ... are all good examples
of why protocols beat APIs.

I would be grateful if folks wanted to chip in on the TSS forums: on
the subject of why AMQP is a good thing.  Please, if you do, respect
that JMS has been around for a while and is good for many tasks!

Carl, Martin, Rob, .. that includes you guys too :-)

alexis