[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem trying out rabbitmq-1.3.0

Holger Hoffstätte holger at wizards.de
Wed Apr 9 14:16:22 BST 2008

Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Hi
>
> I downloaded http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/windows/complete-rabbitmq-bundle-1.3.0.zip
>
> I installed the OTP package, and started rabbitmq-server.bat
>
> I get this error, which makes me think I have some network config
> issue, but its not clear to me what!
>
> {error_logger,{{2008,4,9},{13,12,0}},"Protocol: ~p: register error: ~p~n",["inet
> _tcp",{{badmatch,{error,econnrefused}},[{inet_tcp_dist,listen,1},{net_kernel,sta
> rt_protos,4},{net_kernel,start_protos,3},{net_kernel,init_node,2},{net_kernel,in
> it,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p,5}]}]}

erlang uses an automatically-forked utility daemon called epmd (see
http://linux.die.net/man/1/epmd for what it does); on Windows it might
happen that the built-in firewall prevents this from starting. Try without
firewall and - if it works - allow connections to epmd from localhost.
I got the firewall warning/asking pop-up too when I started it for the
first time.

Holger