[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq Mnesia database

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Apr 3 20:11:18 BST 2008

Ying,

Ying He wrote:
> If I have a rabbitmq server running on localhost and the
> producers/consumers are using realm “/data”, queue name “queuename” , do
> you know what is the way to examine the data in mnesia database?
>
> Which table should we look for the messages being exchanged for
> producers/consumers?

AMQP messages do not pass through mnesia. Mnesia only stores routing and
administrative data.

What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to inspect the messages
currently held by the queue "queuename"? There isn't really a convenient
way of doing that. You would have to inspect the state of the running
Erlang process for that queue.

Matthias.