[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and -smp

Jodi Moran Jodi.Moran at betfair.com
Fri Sep 14 12:31:06 BST 2007

Hi all,

I've been running some tests on RabbitMQ and I noticed during my first
few runs that the broker was only using one processor on a 4-processor
machine. After a bit of research I found the "-smp" switch for erl, and
setting this did seem to have the correct effect. My question is, is
there some reason that SMP  support is not enabled in the default
scripts provided with RabbitMQ? Is there anything I need to be careful
about when enabling this?

Thanks,

--
Jodi Moran
Distributed Systems Engineer

Office: +44 20 8834 6397

Betfair. A Different Kind of Betting Company.
Betfair Limited | Winslow Road | Hammersmith Embankment | London | W6
9HP
Registered in England and Wales under company number 5140986

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is
intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be
disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be
copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the
sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any
e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any view or opinions presented are solely
company. Betfair (r) and the BETFAIR LOGO are registered trade marks of
The Sporting Exchange Limited.