[rabbitmq-discuss] Implementation / Specification Stability?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 13:15:22 BST 2007

Landon,

>         - RPC:
>                 RPC services use a request queue, and per-client response queues.
> Any number of providers
>                 can attach to the request queue and respond to requests -- that's
> an application level detail.
>                 Service providers can detach from a queue, and requests simply
> queue up until they can be
>                 handled again.
>
>                 We can dispatch RPC requests to Java (possibly via a reflective
> dispatcher), JavaScript
>                 (via Rhino), or another server/language entirely.
>
>                 Incoming requests can arrive via AMPQ, or external RPC brokers,
> such as services implementing
>                 XML-RPC, JSON-RPC, Hessian -- etc.

This is currently possible. I am using a wrapper around the Java
RpcClient to that puts Hessian encoded calls onto a queue that gets
consumed by an Erlang rpc handler, which in turn decodes the Hessian
payload, invokes a service API, encodes the response which goes back
out to the Java client. Pretty simple stuff really, though what I have
done on the Java side is a rough cut, because I've been concentrating
*productizing* the Erlang side of things. I envisage at some stage to
produce a SCA connector to hide this plumbing from the application
code, but I'm not going to harp on about what is currently vapourware.

HTH,

Ben