[rabbitmq-discuss] Implementation / Specification Stability?

Landon Fuller landonf at threerings.net
Fri Oct 19 02:15:11 BST 2007

Howdy,

I'm investigating using AMQP and RabbitMQ as our service
infrastructure backbone.

I've run into some interesting incompatibilities between Qpid at
RabbitMQ --  an example:
	- Qpid does not support the Access Class
	- RabbitMQ's client API requires it
	- According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-552, the
Access class has been removed for 0-10, and replaced with sessions.

This leads to my questions:
	-- Is it crazy to hope for backwards compatibility with older
clients as both the specification, and the RabbitMQ implementation,
advance?
	-- Will RabbitMQ Java API compatibility be broken as the
specification changes?

In other words, am I engaging in massive foot-shooting by trying to
build on AMQP now, and should I exercise judicious patience?

Thanks!
Landon Fuller