[rabbitmq-discuss] Support for other protocols in RabbitMQ?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Oct 4 12:20:19 BST 2007

Hi Tom,

Tom Samplonius wrote:
> Does the AMQP over http support also work with the new Erlang RFC4727
> 1.10 module that was just released?

Yes, it's built on top of both rfc4627.erl and mod_jsonrpc.erl. It's not
a RESTful mapping, more of an RPC-style mapping - it was the simplest
thing to get working in the time I had available initially.

Interestingly, Javascript's poor support for binary might mandate a
bunch of (as yet unimplemented) hacks for, say, optional base64- or
hex-encoding of published/delivered messages! This strikes me
particularly now that I've just finished wrestling with unicode support
for rfc4627.erl... ("chars are not bytes, chars are not bytes, ...")

> Is there any documentation available for AMQP over http other than
> the sample code?  it is a bit hard to follow, in order to interpret
> Javascript, figure out what it is doing, and then convert it to PHP,
> just based on two test pages.

Absolutely, I understand. Unfortunately there isn't at the moment. We
hope to have some progress for you over the next week or two, though.
I'll talk to the guys who are working on the HTTP binding and get back
to you as soon as I have some news.

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net