[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange-queue binding ?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:03:43 GMT 2007

Brian,

On 16 Nov 2007, at 02:35, Brian Granger wrote:
> The publisher needs to be able to send messages to arbirary subsets of
> the priviate queues.
--snip--

> The problem with this is that the publisher sends the message to the
> exchange twice (or N times to send to N private queues). I need a way
> of publishing to an exchange only one time per message and then have
> the exchange route the message to the appropriate subset of private
> queues.  I should also mention that the subsets are very dynamic and
> completely determined by the publisher.

This seems very producer driven. Can I ask why the producer needs to
know about subsets of consumers - are context specific packets of work
being divided up and farmed out to known consumers who maintain state
across the consumption of different messages?

> I suppose this also might be possible with header exchange types, but
> it is not obvious how to do that.

It does sound like you're trying to achieve predicate based routing
which would be suited to the header exchange type.  Unfortunately  the
header exchange is not yet implemented in rabbit.

Ben