[rabbitmq-discuss] publish mandatory/immediate flags

matt matt at meez.com
Thu Nov 8 17:22:11 GMT 2007

We launched w/ a big partner yesterday (AOL) and we're getting hit
pretty hard with requests and such and it appears that some requests
never get made to our export nodes and the responses don't always make
it back from them at times too.  Seeing that we use rabbitMQ for the
transport of messages, I have a question regarding the mandatory and
immediate flags.  One of the basic publish options is as follows:

session.getChannel().basicPublish(session.getTicket(),
session.getExchange(), key, basicProps, data);

This has mandatory/immediate set to false.  Could it be that the new
server load is causing requests to get dropped at times?  What are the
drawbacks to changing those values to true by using the other call?

Thx!

--
Matt Darling
Director, Server Engineering