[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue inspector.

matt matt at meez.com
Mon Nov 5 17:59:44 GMT 2007

First off, I want to say how much we love amqp and rabbitMQ!  We've
( meez.com) been using it in our production environment (when it was
alpha) for about 6 months now I think.

In brief, we use rabbitMQ as a way of communicating with our rendering
cluster.  We have user facing tomcat servers that provide a way of
giving the user options to create an avatar.  Upon save, we send
export requests via rabbitMQ and they're picked up by nodes in the
export cloud.  Upon success of the rendered images, a notification is
sent back and the user is notified that the exports were successful.

We've been refactoring to provide optimum scalability, and one way of
doing that is by using EC2 for some of our export nodes.  We're doing
this over an ssh tunnel and things work pretty well.  However, the big
immediate need we're looking for is a way to see how much is being
queued up on the rabbitMQ cluster.  That way, we can programatically
bring EC2 nodes up or take then down based on need.

I know that this is in the pipeline - but is there *any* way of doing
this now and/or is there something that could be easily added to
support this?

-matt

--
Matt Darling