[rabbitmq-discuss] Frame generation

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jul 30 15:54:43 BST 2007

Ben,

"Ben Hood" <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> writes:

> I don't know whether this is a bug or not, but I think the encoding
> for the start.connection_ok method may be wrong. The response field is
> actually a table but is not being encoded as such.

The 0-8 spec states that the field is a longstr, and provides the
following explanation:
      A block of opaque data passed to the security mechanism. The contents
      of this data are defined by the SASL security mechanism.  For the
      PLAIN security mechanism this is defined as a field table holding
      two fields, LOGIN and PASSWORD.

So for PLAIN auth the field will indeed contain a table, but that is not
something captured in the type.

> BTW, is there a bug database for rabbit rather than posting to the
> list?

There is no public bug database atm. It's on our todo list.

> diff -r fb6ff292558d src/rabbit_framing.erl

rabbit_framing.erl is auto-generated. If you do find any bugs in it then
you need to fix the generation script, not the file itself.

Matthias.