[rabbitmq-discuss] Javascript client

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sun Jul 29 13:30:47 BST 2007

Michael,

Michael Arnoldus <chime at mu.dk> writes:

> Do you have any idea when you will have a Javascript client ready? We
> are considering using RabbitMQ for a new project and we need a
> binding to javascript. Any info would be appreciated.

We do have an experimental Javascript client, using an AMQP-over-HTTP
transport with a JSON codec. It would take some time to tidy up the
code, implement any important missing feature, do testing and
documentation etc, before I'd feel comfortable making it part of an
official RabbitMQ release. Also, the work Ben Hood is doing on
implementing an Erlang client will result in some refactoring that
allows a cleaner implementation of the server side. This too is
something we'd want to incorporate before releasing the code.

We could perhaps make the code for all this available for download in
its current state, so that the community can work on it independently
from the RabbitMQ team. Once sufficient progress has been made on the
code we could fold it back into the official RabbitMQ releases.

Would you be interested in pursuing this approach?

Regards,

Matthias