[rabbitmq-discuss] Multiple consumers

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Jul 20 14:41:46 BST 2007

Ben,

"Ben Hood" <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, its taken a while but I've been otherwise busy. I've made a
> first cut of an erlang client AMQP with the necessary changes in
> rabbit_reader, rabbit_channel0 and rabbit_channel (see attached
> patch).
>
> This patch is not complete, but I wanted to submit it for a sanity
> check before I go off down the garden path.

This looks good. I reckon your core design is sound.

Some things I spotted:

* I don't see the need for routing requests through the rabbit
application process

* The channel processes appear to be pointing to the same process for
both reader and writer. That is useful for the common case of RPC-style
interactions but you also need to support a subscription model along the
lines of the Consumer classes in the Java client.

Overall this is impressive work. Keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,

Matthias.