[rabbitmq-discuss] Calls to management functions

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 12:05:06 BST 2007

> > Only the erlang compiled code is in the path, i.e. I ran erl -pa
> > rabbitmq/ebin
>
> Are the rfc4627 libs on your erlang load path?

No, I don't think that they are. I assume that if it was, then

6> code:load_file(rfc4627).
{error,nofile}

would not return a nofile.

> I should point out that the JSON-RPC interface and any tools built on
> top of it, e.g. com.rabbitmq.tools.Manager, are highly experimental.

Actually I am thinking of restating my problem. What I would like to
achieve is to invoke:

a) RPC calls against my own application API
b) Management calls to administer users on the exchange

I would also prefer to just use AMQP as a transport rather than bring
in HTTP on the side (isn't that the whole point of having an AMQP
client?).

To achieve (a) I think I can use the binary RPC mechanism (that I've
just got to work) and I can use Hessian as a wireformat  (which is my
preferred encoding). This actually seems to work.

To achieve (b), maybe I can use the same as (a), but implement my own
listener that invokes the rabbit internal API (don't know whether this
is re-inventing the wheel).