[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: [lift] Announcing AMQP support in liftweb

David Pollak feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 05:48:42 GMT 2007

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Jenson <stevej at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 5, 2007 9:35 PM
Subject: [lift] Announcing AMQP support in liftweb
To: liftweb <liftweb at googlegroups.com>

I just checked in support for AMQP publish/subscribe to lift SVN. I've
wrapped the RabbitMQ client libraries in an Actor-style API that
allows you to easily send and receive messages from an AMQP broker.

It does require you to run an instance of an AMQP broker in order to
work. We recommend RabbitMQ, a high-performance AMQP broker written in
Erlang. The included examples will work with a default install of the
latest RabbitMQ running on localhost.

The package is net.liftweb.amqp. There is copious Scaladoc and
examples in the amqp package. Hopefully you should be able to get up
and running quickly. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate
to ask.

Above all, have fun!

Best,
Steve