[rabbitmq-discuss] RPC Client side timeout

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 07:31:21 GMT 2007

Hi,

I was wondering what the best way is to do a client side time out when
waiting for the bottom half of an RPC.

When you send the top half you can specify an expiration property, but
I can't see how this gets processed on the server side (from looking
at the processing code). Furthermore this is a string value and I
haven't seen an example of it or an explanation in the spec.

On the client, one easy to way to do this would be just to add a get()
method on the blocking cell that passes in a timeout value, but I'm
not sure what should happen once it times out. Should the consume be
cancelled or should an appropriate property be set during the
initialization of the consume that indicates to the server that it
should clean unattended queues up after a while?

Thx,

Ben