[rabbitmq-discuss] Alternative Python AMQP client library

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Mon Dec 3 21:50:35 GMT 2007

I've seen a few Python users on this list, so I thought I'd mention that
I've been working on a Python AMQP client library as an alternative to
Qpid, and have a Mercurial repository and initial tarball available at:

   http://barryp.org/software/py-amqplib/

The library is a bit rough, but I've been using it with RabbitMQ for a
while now.

It differs from Qpid in that it doesn't require a spec file (although
one was used to generate the initial skeleton), and it doesn't rely on
threading (making it a bit easier to debug and use with a Python
interpreter embedded in another app).

	Barry