[rabbitmq-discuss] HTTP (was Re: Wild Rabbits)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon Dec 3 15:04:53 GMT 2007

David Pollak wrote:
> I'm not sure that works so well.  Many corporate firewalls have HTTP
> proxies.  They expect well formed HTTP.

One thing I've been thinking about for a little while now is use of
HTTP/1.1's "Upgrade" header - cf. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2817.txt.

A normal HTTP/1.1 request could arrive at an HTTP-speaking port, and
through use of the "Upgrade" header, we could switch to AMQP.

Would the proxies filter out the "Upgrade" header, do you think?

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net