[rabbitmq-discuss] Message routing

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 00:26:15 GMT 2007

> Yup. The point is that AMQP knows nothing about administration -
> it's a
> simple client/server wire-level protocol. However, the commands it
> provides allows you to implement the admin tool in any way you want.
> The
> admin tool from AMQP's point of view will be just another client
> applcation. I suppose RabbitMQ already has some kind of admin tool
> available.

As Matthias pointed out earlier, you can use the rabbitmqctl script
which invokes the API defined in the rabbit_access_control module.

Currently I'm working on exposing this via by RPC over AMQP. I have
defined a Java interface that is proxied by the RpcClient in the
Rabbit Java library. The data binding is achieved by using Hessian 2.0.

This is essentially a poor man's version of SCA - using AMQP and
Hessian as bindings to orchestrate a service contract.

The source code for the proxy and the tests are in the mtn repository
for the rabbit erlang-client.

This is still work in progress, but the basic flows work.

HTH,

Ben