[rabbitmq-discuss] Transactions in AMQP

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 22:44:46 BST 2007

In 0-10 AMQP has full DTX and TX. we assume a reliable transport. AMQP
does not yet have a UDP transport so the behavior for UDP is undefined,
especially with txn. Any UDP L1 AMQP binding would need frame
reliability to be able to support txns (we could do this, but it is
currently unspecified.)

Arnuad Simon, Mark Little, Gordon Sim drove most of the transaction work
with Cisco. I can connect you with Arnuad directly if you like. In terms
of txns spanning queue.declare etc, the spec supports/makes that possible.

dtx for 0-10 is here https://jira.amqp.org/jira/browse/AMQP-4
tx is existing in the spec docs.

"2. Is the protocol currently assuming a reliable transport layer (TCP,
SCTP, etc) and no unreliable connection (say, UDP)? If yes, will the
later releases work on including unreliable transport layer protocols""

-- > we have framework that will allow us to make UDP reliable, this
work has not been done in the spec(provision has been made so it can be
done), but if done then we 'should' be able to support txns on UDP.

Do you have an interest in UDP, and if so why?

Hope that helps
Carl.