[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP v0-9

Martin Sustrik sustrik at imatix.com
Fri Aug 24 12:17:58 BST 2007

> Given Martin's claim that it took them 1 day to implement the changes...
> i would think that it should be possible for Qpid (and Rabbit if you
> like) to have versions that work with both protocol revisions.  However
> the real focus will be on getting 0-10 implemented.

It's really not much work (the most difficult task being Queue.Unbind
which is important for clients anyway) and that way we'll show to
outside world that AMQP is really about interoperability - that the
claim in not a total bogus.

It would also allow Qpid and RabbitMQ teams to use Wireshark to dissect
AMQP packets, which is quite useful IMO.

Martin