[rabbitmq-discuss] [Fwd: Re: Python Client for RabbitMQ/AMQP?]

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Aug 23 21:42:19 BST 2007

Martin Sustrik wrote:
> 1. There was channel-id parameter added to channel.open-ok.
> 2. Few methods have changed IDs.
> 3. Matching algorithm for headers exchange was changes slightly.
> 4. New parameter to Basic.Consume (not used).
> 5. Maybe something similarly simple here... I don't recall exactly.

There are also two new error codes - 'no-route' and 'no-consumers',
which need to be used in place of more generic errors in 0-8.

> What about defining the minimal set of changes to 0.8 (like the five
> points above) all of us have to do to get 0.9 (sans WIP) and implement
> that. That way we would all be interoperable and nobody would have to
> support 2 different versions of the protocol.

I like that idea.

We'd need to do a careful comparison of the *text* of the spec. Things
like new methods and fields are easy to spot and easy to implement (at
least as stubs), but subtle changes/clarifications to the semantics are
much harder to identify.

Matthias.